HIV Testing Options
If you are worried about your HIV status, Better2Know is here to help. We will get your fast and accurate answers to your HIV status. If you do test positive, we will help you with the next steps. The sooner you get tested and start treatment, the less damage the infection will do to your body.
28 Day HIV Test
Please choose our 28 Day HIV test if it has been at least 28 days since the incident you are worried about. This test looks for the HIV 1 and HIV 2 antibodies as well as the p24 antigen. It is the most accurate test possible at 28 days. This HIV test is our standard and recommended HIV test.
Screens with an HIV Test
The following Better2Know STI Screens include an HIV test:
Book your HIV Test
Better2Know has thousands of HIV testing clinics across Australia, follow the link to search for your nearest one. You can find the locations in our state capitals below.
To book your HIV test, please click the button below or call our friendly booking team on the number above. They are available 24/7.
The Advantages of Choosing Better2Know
- Fast results. Results available 24/7 as soon as they are ready in our secure patient area.
- Locations throughout Australia. From Darwin to Melbourne, we have private clinics across Australia, making it easier than ever to get tested for HIV.
- First class facilities. Our clinics in Australia meet the highest international standards of quality.
- Non-judgmental staff. Our welcoming Patient Services team are friendly, experienced and extremely discreet.
HIV Statistics in Australia
- A recent study in Australia discovered that 11.2% of men who have sex with men (MSM) were living with HIV.
- By the end of 2018, it was estimated that over 28,000 people in the country were HIV positive, with around 10% unaware of their status.
- In that same year, almost 30% of people with new HIV infections received a late diagnosis, stressing the importance of regular HIV testing in Australia.
Despite these significant statistics, the annual number of AIDS diagnoses in Australia continues to decline. Peaking at 953 back in 1994, fewer and fewer people are being diagnosed with the disease, which develops as a result of an untreated HIV infection.
At Better2Know, we believe in the normalisation of infections like HIV. By removing any associated stigmas and increasing awareness, we aim to improve the health of our patients throughout Australia and around the globe.
The important thing to remember is that HIV is no longer the life-threatening condition it once was. The increase in effective antiretroviral therapies means that an HIV infection can now be properly managed and contained, if it is identified early enough. The sooner an HIV infection is diagnosed and treated, the less chance there is of that individual passing the infection on to another person. Hence the importance of regular testing and early intervention.